Good Or Bad Idea

Hey people i was just wonderin if this was a good idea ummm.............i was thinkin that i wanted black and white for my colors my mom almost slapped me when i told her that cuz she wants me to get lavender but its so worn out its purty but i was in 2 quinces with the same colors but n-e-ways i was think that since im havin 14 couples that 7 damas would wear balck and the other 7 wear white and then the gurls who r wearin black there chambelan would be wearin all white tux and the gurls wearin all white there chambelan would wear all black so yea its kinda like every were so can u guys help me is it a good idea or not so i can start plannin all over again
Posted by La Crazy; updated 08/06/04

Well gurl its ur quinceanera and you can do whatever you want with it as long it makes you happy
Posted by cathy; updated 08/06/04

Thanks cathy
Posted by La Crazy; updated 08/06/04

No problem well heres another suggestion that you might consider you can have black and red hat also looks elegant or black with another favorite color you have
Posted by cathy; updated 08/07/04

Good idea..but instead of guyz wearin white nd gals wearin black or the otha way around how bout u mix them togetha like guyz can wear black tuxes w/white ties or u can go for the original tux (black suit white shirt black tie) nd the girls can wear either black or white dresses or if u find 1 with both colors....n e wayz have fun nd luv ur origianal idea....PLZ ANSWER MY QUESTION TOO PLZ U CAN SEE IT WHEN U GO TO ALL MESSAGES...THANX luv ya!...*StArz*
Posted by *StArz*; updated 08/07/04

Talk with your mother and let her know that you would like something that is different from the other quinces that you attended. It is just like having a black & white affair. It sounds absolutely gorgeous. Maybe your mother is old fashioned like mine (by the way, I am a mother of a Sweet 16 so I understand parents), my mother did not believe that young girls should wear black to a formal. Maybe you can go on a few websites and find a lovely halter dress where it is white at the top and black at the bottom and the guys tux`s can be white jacket and black pants. It is incorporated. It can be really lovely and you can allow your mother to see its beauty. Don`t turn it into an argument, just make it a serious discussion and let her know that you would really like to see how it comes together. Maybe make your third color a soft lavendar (like for your favors you can tie them up in lavendar ribbon or you can have some decorations off set in lavendar coloring but still remain with the black/white theme). Talk to your mother. I tell my daughter to talk to me all of the time as it may take a while but it seeps in. We are just larger versions of our daughters. Sometimes we listen and sometimes we need to be told over and over. I try to remember that because I know how it felt as a child with my mother. I don`t want my daughter to feel like I do.
Posted by Mika; updated 08/08/04

Hey chick, I think that`s a cool idea, cuz it`s different, and creative. Your right Lavender is kinda out. Don`t get me wrong lavender is pretty, but I like ur idea. It`s your quinceanera, and if you want like that, well then you should have it. It`s your party not your mom`s, have everything the way you want it.
Posted by Connie; updated 08/08/04

THANKZ U GUYS YEA I TOLD MY MOM AND SHE TOLD ME STRAIT OUT TO DO WATEVER I WANTED AS LONG AS I MAKE UP MY MIND BY NEXT MONTH SO THAT STILL GIVES ME TIME BUT THANKS ALOT AND IF ANY OF U GUYS WANT TO CHAT JUST EMAIL ME SRLTNS3@AOL.COM
Posted by La Crazy; updated 08/08/04