Song For Father/Daughter Mother/Son Dance

What is everyone playing for their Father/daughter dance and Mother/son dance? I`m daddy`s little girl , only girl and first to marry and my Husband to be is the last of four boys. Not really that close to his mom. I`m looking for the unique less boring. But mostly, I am wondering, what are you doing? Also, is anyone doing a song for them and their brother?
Posted by erica; updated 07/03/04

I havent picked a song yet, but we`re doing a Sister/Brother, Mother/Son dance. Assuming my fiance`s mom makes it to Michigan for the big wedding (we`re doing a smaller event here in Utah, but she might come to both). My grandfather is the closest I have to a father, but he has a bad hip and cant even slow dance (or rather won`t ;) ) So I`m going to ask my 16 (will be 17 then) year old brother to fill in for him.
Posted by Jorie; updated 07/03/04

Best songs for you is what I have picked out, called "a song for my son" and "a song for my daughter" I think they are wonderful songs to play for a father and a mother.
Posted by maggy; updated 07/16/04

I am using "daddy`s hands" for my father daughter dance... It`s a country song... Very nice, and not so used. We are still trying to locate the perfect song for the mother son dance...
How about Billy Idols White wedding for the brother dance... Ha ha... It`s all I can ever think of when anyone mentions a brother/sister relationship and a wedding... But I do think it`s a very nice idea to dance with your brother.
Posted by Donna; updated 07/19/04

I think "You Don`t Have To Let Go" by Jessica Simpson (On her In This Skin)CD is wonderful for Father/Daughter dance. She wrote it for her Father. I wish I would of had it at my Wedding but had not heard it! Good Luck!
Posted by RecentBride; updated 07/20/04

I am planning to dance off "Wind beneath my wings" with my father.
Posted by Tamana; updated 07/23/04

We used "Dance with me daughter of mine" for my dance with my dad. It is kind of country but it has a quicker step, and helped hold back the tears
Posted by T; updated 07/25/04

Thank you all so much for your suggestions and help. I think I really like Jessica Simpson`s You DOn`t Have TO Let Go. I had never heard it so I wouldn`t have ever picked it unless it was suggested to me. Thanks. Still looking for a Brother/Sister song, and a Mother/Son song. That one is hard. Crazysillysweet@hotmail.com
Posted by erica; updated 07/25/04