I HAVE QUESTIONS TO ANYONE WHOSE HAD A QUINCE

Please if anyone has had a quince before could you answer my questions...My quince is gonna be may14,2005 but me and my mom don`t know where to start...cuz I`m my mom`s oldest daughter. I went to davidsbridal and I think i found my dress, should I just buy it now or should I wait?? Also I need a song to dance with my I dad I want a oldie like blue moon or somthing like that...What Color should I do it in ivory & rum pink or light green???

Thanks-Smiley
Please I would really appreciate it if you could post answers or e-mail me at mxgsmiley14@aol.com
Posted by Smiley; updated 07/01/04

First off, have you rented your hall & DJ yet? If not, you better do that right away. Depending where you live, you may not get your date. A good song to dance with your dad is "The way you look tonight" by Frank Sinatra. Here are the lyrics:

Some day, when I`m awfully low,
When the world is cold,
I will feel a glow just thinking of you...
And the way you look tonight.
Yes you`re lovely, with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft,
There is nothing for me but to love you,
And the way you look tonight.
With each word your tenderness grows,
Tearing my fear apart...
And that laugh that wrinkles your nose,
It touches my foolish heart.
Lovely ... Never, ever change.
Keep that breathless charm.
Won`t you please arrange it ?
`Cause I love you ... Just the way you look tonight.
Mm, Mm, Mm, Mm,
Just the way you look to-night.

Since you`re looking to have your party in May, I would go with the lighter colors for Spring, the rum pink is a much warmer color for fall & winter, but this is your party and you should use the colors you like best.

Also start looking for favors. For the dress you saw, how well did it fit you. If there was a lot of room in it then you could buy it now and have it altered when it is closer to your party, if there wasn`t enough room don`t buy it. You have a whole year that your entire body can change and you may not fit into it. You should really ask the consultants at Davids Bridal if they think it is a good idea to buy it now.

Good luck with your party planning
Posted by Karen; updated 07/02/04

Girl i know how u feel. Im having my 15 in march 26 2005, im also in all of this junk. But i think u should wait for the dresses that are coming out 4 05.
Posted by dreamer; updated 07/08/04

Hey girl well I had my quinceanera on May 2,2004 and it was fun it will be the best day of your life!!!!! well i think you should wait to get your dress. Maybe you see another dress you like better, and i think you should get the color pink, and a good song to dance with your dad is "Mi Ultima Muneca" it`s a nice song i know you and your dad will enjoy it!!! have fun!!!!
Posted by Janet; updated 07/08/04

My girl is a good oldies song frm the temptations
Posted by Steffy; updated 07/08/04

Well...dont buy ur dress now! i did that,..n then we went 2 go get sum other things 4 mah quince..n better dressed jus popped up,...so buy it like 3 or 2 mothes b4...n u should have pink..mine is gun b baby blue n mah quince is 2morrow im so scared lol hope urs is the best bye...
Posted by jackie; updated 07/09/04

WAIT FOR THE DRESS! 3 months before!
Size issue.
Complete QUINCEANERA consultations,planning,decorating
Visit: www.whatasplendidwedding.com
Exclusive appointment 925-754-7905
Posted by designer; updated 07/11/04

Hey girls my fifteen is on MArch 14,05 and i am like you too please if u guys can help me i will really appreciate
If any of u have a idea for me write me at marinescute@yahoo.com
Posted by Marines; updated 07/12/04

Wait on the dress....u might find sumthing u like better...but u should first of all reserve where your gonna have ur party at nd the church part....trust me mines in april 05 nd i started planning a little late nd most of the places were already taken....well have tons of fun
Posted by *StArz*; updated 08/07/04

I have an idea for the song. You should dance to my girl. It`s an oldie and it kinda goes with who you`d be dancing with. If not i have another idea. For mine i`m dancing to one of jessica simpson`s songs. It`s off her cd in this skin and it`s called you don`t have to let go. My dad cried when he heard it. And for the dress wait a while most stores should have new dresses in stock by the time you need to get your dress. I`m gonna tell you what my parents told me--don`t get the 1st one you try on, wait till you find the one. But if your sure about that dress get in in a bigger size so they can tuck it in or let it out a little in case you grow or don`t grow. Hope i helped!
Posted by Shelby; updated 08/08/04

Just wate on the dress when i was planning my quince i changed my mind about what dress I wanted a million times and im sure you will to. If you like this dress thats koo keep it in mind but don`t buy it right now because you may find one later that suits you better. Plus you may like this dress but is it the perfect dress? A quince is a very special event and your dress shouldn`t be pretty but beautiful if you no what I mean. Choosing ur dress is one of the funnest parts i kno but not the most important so wate a while look around but you don`t have to decide rite away and remember what I said it may help
Good luck
Maaliyah Hernandez
Posted by Maaliyah; updated 08/08/04

OKay first of all! get the reservation for the church first! its always hard to find a church according 2 all ur other reservations! get that first, then a hall, then music, most halls u pay and if u want something nicer u just pay more, and most halls make u have a reservation fee so that if u change ur mind later u get ur money back! also start think about ur guest list, music, that kinda stuff! i havent had my quince yet but were planning, mines in february! but i have helped planned all my cuzins quinces! but dont forget! most important! church, hall, and music! if u want a song 2 dance wit ur dad there are "dance with my father" by luther vandross which is in english but if u want spanish theres "tus quiñce años" by arkangel r-15! hope this helps! and good luck!
Posted by Maggie; updated 08/11/04

Oh yea! dont get ur dress yet! i mean u can... But make sure its not super tyt so that u have room 2 grow! and if u dont grow well its so much easier taking it in a lil than having 2 go and finding some1 who can make it bigger! which is nearly impossible! or if its a dress that u have 2 tie up in the back and tighten, it wont be a problem... But only buy it if uve looked at all ur other possible choices and made sure ur 100% happy and its the one u want!
Posted by Maggie; updated 08/11/04