What Color For My Sweet 15 Dress

Hey,
Im 12 going on 13. I live in the u.s. But im going to have my sweet 15 in mexico so my family over there can go. So because we`re having in mexico we`re gonna have the party the summer of 05 when im 14 1/2 or summer of 06 when im 15 1/2 but getting back to what i need help with. I wanted my quinceanera colors to be lilac but my cousin already used that color so my next color in mind was maroon. But like have my dress white with some maroon on it. The other colors that some of my cousins have used are: pink, lilac,blue. So i guess im going to use maroon. But i really wanted lilac. So should i go with lilac or go with maroon since lilac has already been used? another thing is wat color the damas dresses should be if i use maroon. PLEASE!!!!!!!! get back to me on hear or @ my email: maceealvarado@hotmail.com
Posted by macee; updated 06/14/04

Sorry yall i meant to say that im 13 going on 14 okay well plz tell me wat yall think
Posted by macee; updated 06/15/04

I also need help with sumthin else. I want to have another dance besides the valz and most girls do the dance to elvis crespo or kumbia kings but my chambelenas r gonna go cowboy and that wouldnt look right so wat kind of dance should i do
Posted by macee; updated 06/15/04

I say u should go w/ lilac, if u really want it. Or if u go w/ maroon the damas dresses should also be maroon no?

In my sister`s quinceanera her chambelanes were also dressed cowboy, and they danced to a cumbia, it was a song by Revancha nortena, (a nortena group from here) So maybe u should try that. Hope I helped.
Posted by Cindy; updated 06/15/04

Thanx alot. U did help me get a betta idea
Posted by macee; updated 06/16/04

Hey my dress is going to white with lavender on it and for the vals I was going to have my guys in cowboy tuxedos also but for the sopresa they might just change like for that anyway I am doing salsa. Good Luck!
Posted by Guerita; updated 06/16/04

It doesn`t matter if someone has used the color just as long as you go with the colors you want.
Posted by nicci; updated 06/16/04

Yeah i think that a baile surpresa should be song u like and the stle or dance you want it to be have fun gurl because its hell picking out your colors!
Posted by consuelo; updated 06/18/04

Thanx all of yall. I have a better idea in mind now thanx a bunch
Posted by macee; updated 06/18/04

I was thinkin for the baile sorpresa to do it to pasito durangense or banda or like quivarito since my chambelanes are gonna go cowboy does that sound okay
Posted by macee; updated 06/19/04

What is that? Sorry I am not to good with the dances but I think I am doing salsa anyway!
Posted by Guerita; updated 06/19/04

Doing it el pasito Duranguense is a good idea. I luv that type of music. But do ur damas and chambelanes know how to dance it? Cuz it`s pretty hard
Posted by Cindy; updated 06/22/04

Hey use what ever color you want i do sent matter if your cousin has already used it.
Posted by Lupita; updated 06/22/04

Hey girl if you want to use the color lilac for your quinceanera dress i`m sayin go for it because it`s going to be your big day not your primas it doesn`t matter on the color of your dress what matters is if your happy with the color that you are going to be wearing you know what i mean?, and if you do decide to go with maroon your damas can wear white dresses of ivory believe me and i know what your going through because mine is coming in about a year so i`m preparing also. Just pick which ever you think you will feel more comfortable in okay.
Posted by Leslie; updated 07/18/04

Hey i thinkk that maybe you should get your dress marronn or whatever and then just get the damas dresses like a light pink?
Posted by monse; updated 10/25/04

I think the damas dresses should be burgandy and your dress should be a white nice dress with burgandy stones on it also your chambelanes should go chalinillos
Posted by yolanda; updated 11/29/04

Well let me tell you what i think you should do you should go with the color pink becuase that is what most of the sweet 15 are and if you use pink the damas can were baby blue
Posted by kristnia; updated 01/03/05

Go with whatever color you want! for my quinceanera, im doing me in white and mi damas in baby blue! but i really wanted gold. But w/e! don`t make he mistake i did by choosing the color my MOM wanted it!! good luck with you special day!!!
Posted by *sheila*; updated 01/03/05

Yo listen maroon isnt that knind of popular so y dont u go wit pink or red i wuz in my friends sweet sixteen and we used red and it loked mad nice so so y dont uuse 1 of those 2 culas.
Posted by loren; updated 01/04/05

Hey there i think that you should use any color you want because it is a special day. Something that is going to make yoy happy not your cousin you now what i am talking.
Posted by Nayleen; updated 01/12/05

Hola, acabo de leer tu email acerca del color de tu vestido. Yo pienso que si el color que te gusta es lilac pues debes usar ese. Hay diferentes tonos de lilac no tienes que usar el mismo que tu prima uso, puede ser mas claro o mas obscuro con brillo o sin brillo. Espero que mi opinion te haya servido de algun, y feliz cumpleaƱos.
Posted by Judy; updated 01/15/05