Planning A Quinceanera On Our Own

My quince is July 3rd i pretty much planned it on my own i taught the waltz booked the church hall music etc... But the things that i really wanted to decide on i couldnt cuz my mom was so stubborn. Well my friend is having a quinceanera and she wants me to plan it for her. This is the idea i have. She said she wanted something unique and "gangsta"

We both like this dress and her mom said she wouldnt pay over 800$ for her dress and this dress is 450-500 $

For the Damas I went to this store over here in Detroit and they had these red spanish style dresses for 50$ they`re similiar to this dress
Http://www.celebstation.org/actresses/meagan_good/BeyonceKnowles_Granitz_182756.jpg
The girls are going to have matching jewelry shoes and hairstyle. The only Things are Damas are paying for is their shoes and dress and any other things they want to get done example manicure pedicure etc..
Style of their hair red rose included http://www.beyonce-knowles.com/pic_large/14.jpg
I found shoes at this tore in Detroit they cost 15$ but i couldnt find a pic of anything similiar
After the dance the girls can put their hair up n stuff

Chambelones they`re goin to wear zoot suits http://www.wintel.co.jp/vcs_2/shop/0234image/suit_ill.gif black pants shoes hat white shirt red tie

The court of honor is going to dance to a salsa song im not sure yet but its gon be hot!

Her and her father are going to dance a song i told her to choose but idk she couldnt think of any so i thought that they should dance to an oldie

Guest Tables- they`ll be circle tables white linen. We are going to get champange looking bottles fill them up with water and spray paint them gold and make them look like Crystal bottles and there will be 3 loose roses on the table making a triangular shape around the bottle white rose pettles and white glitter will be on the table too and champange glasses.

Ill post the rest of my idea later....
Posted by Mari; updated 06/11/04

Music- Mariachi will play from the time the reception starts untill it time for the dance then after they do their dance the DJ will play music
Posted by Mari; updated 06/11/04

Hey Mari
That is awesome that u are planning your friends quienceanera. I have to plan mine by myself too just like you did and im not doing that great.its in 2 months and i am really need help. I was wondering if you could give me some advice. Could you please email me at baby_gurl312003@yahoo.com please
Posted by nat; updated 06/26/04

DAYUM GURL IT SOUNDS LIKE ITS GON BE HOT...
Posted by *ShOrTy*; updated 06/26/04

Damn gurl!! that party sounds ``gangsta``! well good luck , but hey i was wondering if u can hlep me out onmine, cuz im havingmine july next yr but i gotta start planning what do i need...... 4 ex. What appears in the invitations, (all the padrinos , and all that) pz email me bakc @ sassycherry03@aol.com thank you!!
Posted by thalia; updated 06/27/04