Baptist Wanting To Give Daughter Quinceanera

I am a baptist who is mexican and i would like to give my daughter a quince but i dont know how to make it a religious traditional quinceanera without being catholic. Any suggestions
Posted by mrs txbred; updated 06/10/04

Hey im christian and my mom threw me a quince...first i went to the pastor of our church and asked him... Togteher we took the traditional service and took out the parts that werent with our religion... Such as the blessing of the gifts and the offering of the roses to the virgin... Because what you can do is have the first reading from jeremiah 1:4-10, the second reading psalm 116 and so forth....aswell as the candle lighting, the roses, the renewal of baptismal promises... You can juss email me at badassraiderchiK@aol.com and ill send you the Fellowship of Thanksgiving and you can show it to your pastor and make the changes you want.... Good luck!
Posted by Aracelli; updated 07/21/04

Would you also please send me that information too. I too am having a baptist ceremony for my daughter`s Quince. My email is Janettcruz@msn.com. Thanx.
Posted by Janet; updated 07/22/04

HEY GURL CAN YA TELL MO BOUT DAT 2? CUZ MAH DAD IS CATHOLIC BUT MAH MOM AINT N SHE WANTS ME TO HAVE IT IN A CHRISTIAN CHURCH N MAH DAD IS KOO W/DAT BUT I DUNNO HOW IM SUPPOSE TO DO IT...CAN YA GIVE MO INFO PLEAZE MAH EMAIL IS : ) SANJO_SHORTY@HOTMAIL.COM...
Posted by *ShOrTy*; updated 07/24/04

We have 2 daughters who had Christian quinceanera church services that were not Catholic. I have the word-for-word and movements format including Bible readings, but don`t have what the Pastor said during the sermon. As suggested by the other young lady, you can print this up and show it to your Pastor. Save it in a word processing format so you can add or delete whatever you all agree on and print it up for your and your Pastor`s reference for your daughter`s service. I have emailed this to a lot of girls, parents and a few Pastors. Anyone who wants me to email them a copy, email me at PJP916@aol.com and I`ll get it out to you.
Posted by ~Pat~; updated 07/25/04

Badassraiderchick@aol.com i tried to email you for the format that you used please can you send them to goofygal13@aol.com
Posted by samm; updated 07/27/04

I am Hispanic & Catholic. It`s not a true Quinceane if you take out parts and add other parts. White people in the 50. 60` called this tradition a "Coming Out Party. It`s like making a chocolate cake but no chocolate , instead Vanilla. If you don`t want it called by the American Name and you don`t want it to be like the Catholic Hispanic Culture and want to twist it into a form of a new culture of baptist then create a beautiful name for this not coming out / not Catholic Hispanic . Stop insulting our beautiful traditions. You can do this and it would grow and be truly a real tradition instead of screwing up the two you are taking it from. It could be a great thing and loved. Screwing up our Catholic Hispanic heritage with this is just silly Ladies. , Just Plain Silly. Try "Baptist Deputante Party"
Posted by Bella Darelina; updated 02/26/17