I Need Help I Found Out Im Pregnat

Hey gurls i just found out im pregnat and im 1 month pregnat and if i tell my parents they cancel my quince
But if i dont and i tell them after i have my quince im going to feel bad cuz they did so much and then i pop out and say im pregnat
Help what should i do
Posted by abby; updated 06/08/04

How long is it till ur quinceanera?
Posted by Maribel; updated 06/08/04

Wow one of my best friends is pregnet she never had a quinceaƱera although she did want one I think you should have the party or maybe just the ceremony because the QuinceaƱera`s traditional meaning is for a girl to become a women and to come of age to marry and have children. Are you going to marry the father? Good Luck and God Bless. You should also remember if you have the celebration will you have enough money for the baby. I started collecting loose change and putting it in a jar to save up for my friends baby. I hope you figure out what you will do if you want to talk to me my email is scottle@nboxwireless.net.
Posted by Guerita; updated 06/08/04

Gurl...i think you should do what you feel it`s best..i mean if you don`t tell your parents about it and you have your 15 you`ll be happy, but if you do tell them they might cancel it and you`re gonna regret it later..i mean we all know how parents are, and we think they`re gonna get mad and do this and that, but@ the end it doesn`t really matter because regardless they are our parents and they`re gonna be looking out for us. I have 5 friends of mine get pregnant during this school year and when they told their parents they were angry, but what was there to do... I think you if decide not to tell them until after your 15 it won`t make a difference so i think you should just wait! By the way what are you gonna do about the situation..holla back @ gabberella2005@aol.com...GOOD LUCK!
Posted by g baby; updated 06/08/04

Abby, I`m going to say this sincerely and hope you don`t take it the wrong way. Why didn`t you use something to prevent pregnancy? It breaks my heart literally to hear that you are only 15 or going to be 15. I`m not trying to make you feel bad. However I think the best thing for you to do is to tell your parents the truth. They will be able to help you and I`m sure they`ll be angry for a bit but everything passes! Your parents are going to need money to help you support your baby, how old is the baby`s father? Having a quinceanera is something that your parents are doing for you as a way of celebrating that their little girl is growing up! They will be hurt but I`m sure they will be happy that you had enough trust in them to go to them with your issue. If you have an open relationship with them, talk to them sweetie, they`ll understand that you need them now more than every. Good luck and remember that God is always with us, and our parents are there for us regardless of what we think! My little sister got pregnant at 16 and she didn`t tell any of us until she was 8 months pregnant (she didn`t show). She didn`t get the prenatal care she needed until late in her pregnancy. Don`t make the same mistake, you have a living being in you that deserves to come into a world full of love, and I`m sure your parents will offer all their love just as they have given you. I know your parents have taught you better, talk to them!!!!
Posted by LUCY; updated 06/09/04

Thanks guys yall all made me look at things diffrently and the guy is 19 he mexican and he tells me to go live w/ him but im not sure he has a good paying job and we been dating 4 2 years now
Posted by abby; updated 06/09/04

Abby, let me tell you something. I`m 29 years old, I only came on this website because I`m helping plan my little cousin`s quinceanera. I was 21 years old when I became pregnant with my daughter! 21 years old!!! And I was scared to tell my parents! He was 25 years old, I know how you feel and I know it`s a scary moment. We got married as soon as our daughter was born, frankly I don`t think marriage was the best thing, we had a baby and although we both had jobs, we still struggled! You don`t know how many times I wish I would have just told my parents and stayed with them. It`s crazy! You have to leave all of your friends behind, they all get to go out dancing and stuff and you can`t, cuz you have a baby to care for! All I can tell you is that the best thing is for you to tell your parents! Unfortunately at 15 you don`t have a clue how hard life really is! My husband and I got a divorce last year, I realized that although I thought I was ready to have this baby, he wasn`t, he still wanted to go out with his friends and left me home taking care of the baby! He wasn`t done living and having fun! I thought as soon as we lived together things would change and we would be this really happy family! Soon the bills start pooring in and you have all these things to pay for diapers, formula, it`s crazy, I think that your parents would be able to help you more than your boyfriend! What does he say??????
Posted by LUCY; updated 06/09/04

First of all Abby, you have absolutely NO business having sex with a (((19))) year old MAN when you are still just a 14 year old baby! This CREEP who has been RAPING you for 2 years needs to be behind bars and kept there! In California sweetheart we call these type of men paedophiles! I PRAY to God that you weren`t doing this with him 2 years ago whe YOU were only 12!!! I was STUNNED by your post and you need to land your pretty little head into the harsh world of REALITY! TELL YOUR PARENTS NOW, get away from this man and act your age! You are a child whether you like it or not. As a mother of a 16 year old myself It hurts me to read these things! I know that people dont like the word Abortion but when you are 14 you need to do it. This Baby will ruin your chances of EVER having a NORMAL life again. If you truly are ONLY 4 weeks then go NOW and tell your mom and go to the Doctor together and take care of this now befor eyou put htis HUGE responsiility on your parent as well, You cannot take care aof a newborn on your own at 14! and you said yourself that the MAN who got you pregnant has a crappy paying job, Bite the bullet and do the right thing!
Sincerely,
Natalie
Los Angeles, Ca.
Posted by Natalie; updated 06/09/04

Hey Natalie thanks for replying but if there is one thing im not going to do is abortion.He Never rapped me . Rape is when i didnt want to do such a stupid thing . I was stupid and its a thing me and him got our self into. And no i never said he had a bad paying job he has a great paying job luckly. My parents allow me and him to go out My dad thinks he is the best guy ever there all right with me and him .

Hey Lucy
Unfortanily once i tell my parents they are going to kick me out . I know that for a fact . So Unfotanaly I have to go live With him . But me and him got a good relation ship but like in ur case i hope we dont take diffrent routes . Well thank you a whole lot.
Posted by abby; updated 06/09/04

Abby-
When`s your quince again? If it`s for a while your parents would probably tell by then so I think it`d be best to talk to them. If it`s near then go with what you think is best, how will they react and what will they do besides the quince. Anywayz I hope that all turns out for the better and I`m glad that you definitely don`t want an abortion. Alwayz keep your head up gurl. Take care.
Posted by Tania; updated 06/09/04

Abby, if you say your parents are ok with you being with him, then why not talk to them? They obviously know you`ve been with him for a while, has your mom every talked to you about birth control and being careful? The more and more this happens I realize that it`s all because of a lack of communication. I have a 7 year old daughter now, and I try to talk to her all the time, even stupid stuff, I know that as soon as she turns 12 I`m going to explain sex and most importantly birth control! I don`t want her to make the same mistake I made. I really hope you talk to your parents, they won`t kick you out. Parents will love you and worry about you no matter what you do! Your biggest mistake is not giving your parents a chance, they will be more hurt if you just leave without telling them! I`m happy to hear that you don`t want an abortion, but Abby please be careful in the future, use something to protect yourself from having any more babies! I think teenagers biggest worry shouldn`t just be pregnancy it should be diseases, please be careful! and talk to your parents!!!! you have nothing to loose, the lesser of your worries right now should be a quinceanera party!
Posted by LUCY; updated 06/10/04

Hey abby. Im 16 andi once thought i was pregnant so trust me i know how you feel. I never had a quincenera, instead a took a trip by myself but i regret not having my quince. If you dont show by your quince, go on and have it and wait to tell them. Alot of my homegirls are pregnant (too many to even count with my fingers) and yea alot of them move in with their boyfriends but they end up moving back with their parents. Im sure your parents will help you and that TO THE LADY THAT TOLD HER TO GET AN ABORTION. What kind of a "mom" are you?! you try to say that her boyfriend should be in jail for "rape" when it wasnt even rape. You need to be in jail for considering murdering a child! I guarantee you her boyfriend cares for her alot and obviously he is doing what he can to make this less hard on her but your telling her to murder her baby? I think the only person who needs to be put behind bars is you! Abby itll all get better especially the moment you have your child in your arms! i hope i helped
Posted by Myrla; updated 06/10/04

Hi abby. First just to let you know im not here to tell you what to do. I was in a situation similar when i turned 16. And i know how you feel. Its hard to tell parents. I know adults tell you your parents love you and that`s true but i know how scary it can be. It may seem as parents may hate you for it but trust me if they love you enough to throw you a 15 they will NOT kick you out. Im 17 right now so im close to your age, so i see it in your point of view. As far as the quinceanera is conserned it all depends on if you`re having it in church. In a 15 at church you go up to god, say you`re a virgin and pure. So if there`s no mass, go for it. It won`t hurt nobody. I hope this message helped out a little. Take care. Much love. God bless.
Posted by *babychulita*; updated 06/10/04

Thanks al of yall i am haveing my quince 2morrow and im haveing them because i told my parents last night they were so happy to hear that i told them and adrian came over Adrian is the daddy. Well they were perfectly fine and i told them that if they wanted to call the party off it was fine w/ me but they said no that the party was still going to go on so i was very happy but i thinck my parents r the happiest besides they still thinck i should have taken care but their happy and my dad asked adrian to be sure never to leave his child and well he said he wouldnt and i trust his word cuz his father left him and well he alwayz said he would never leave his childs side no matter wht
Posted by abby; updated 06/11/04

CONGRADULATIONS...for telling your parents the situation and not being scared to talk to them. I am very proud of you even though i don`t know you, but i can tell that you are a very strong girl! Well, enjoy your party and have fun...girl get it CRUNKED...dang i regret not having my 15..I am now 16 and will be turning 17 next month...anyways...take care and hope to hear more about your party next time! By the way where are you from?
Posted by g baby; updated 06/11/04

Thanks Alot G baby By The Way When Is YOur B-Day ? If I Can Ask
Posted by abby; updated 06/12/04

Hey My Quince Was Awsome This Past Saturday Even If I Was Not Able To Dance My Baile Sorpresa But I Had Lots Of Fun Adrian Was My Chambelan Of Honor And I Had The Cadetes TO
Thanks TO All Of Yall
Posted by abby; updated 06/13/04

This message is to Natalie and to Abby.

Abby, I am glad for you that you were able to speak with your parents and that they are willing to open a dialogue with you and this person you are involved with. However, you really need to take your head out of the clouds (and of course it is in the clouds- you are a child of only 15!!!).

You have no business having a baby at your age. Apparently you will not consider terminating the pregnancy, so please, for your own sake and the sake of the child consider giving him or her up for adoption.

Realistically, what can you possibly give a child? The primary determinant of whether a person will have a sad life of grinding poverty is having an unplanned child out of wedlock at an early age. How will you continue your education? Without an education, what can you give your child: a life of living on the fringes? You are barely literate yourself, look at your posts: you can`t even spell the word "pregnant" correctly.

Sweetheart, you are on the cusp of ruining your life. What were your parents thinking- allowing you to be alone with a man who is so much older than you are!?! What were they thinking allowing you to date a 17 year old when you were TWELVE. That is SO, SO WRONG.

Natalie , was absolutely right when she said that you were raped. YOU WERE RAPED. Even though you gave consent YOU WERE TOO, TOO, TOO YOUNG. You CANNOT give consent, ANY MAN WHO TOUCHES A 14 YEAR OLD LITTLE GIRL IS A RAPIST. It does NOT matter if you said it was okay. You are too young to understand, and too young to give consent. What is wrong with that pervert that he touches children? What is wrong with him that he doesn`t have a relationship with a woman his own age. There is something wrong with a seventeen year old who is happy to spend time with a 12 year old child, and something wrong with a 19 year old who is happy to spend time with a 14 year old child. (And what was wrong with your upbringing that you thought that it was okay to have sex with an older man at age 14- without protection!!! You think you are ready to raise a child? To be born into this mess?)

Please, don`t make this situation worse. Don`t become a statistic. Give the child up, get away from this person who did not care enough about you to wait until you were an adult before he used you as an adult, this person who did not care enough about you to use protection. Get away from him and stay away from boys until you finish school. If you choose a good life, you can have a good life (and it will be much better for this child if you give it up- you have NOTHING to give him or her) give yourself a chance, give the baby a chance. Do the right thing, please. There is nothing sadder than a poor, illiterate, teenage mother except the child she is trying to raise.

Do the right thing.
Posted by A.T.; updated 06/13/04

Hey A.T.

I Was Going To Drop Out Of School But Adrian Said That He Was Not Going To Let Me Drop Out He Work At Night He Said He Would Care For The Baby But Any Ways Were Moving To Houston And Im Going To Be Takeing Classes At The Same School My Sister Is And They Have A Day CARe For The Students Babys Kike My Sister Baby Wich She Had When She Was 15 With A guy Older Than Her They Take Real Good Care She Is My Step SIster Along With Another Three Who R Also In HOUSTON WHo R ALL UnderTHe AGe OF 22 And ALl Have Babys So Adoption Is Not What Im going to do So SORry
Posted by abby; updated 06/14/04

I`m glad that u told ur parents and that u and ur baby`s dad are going to take care of ur baby. The same thing happened to my sister, a year after her quinceanera she found out that she was pregnant. Her baby`s dad was 21 at the time. They got married, and she had her baby a month ago. So far everything is going good, she is still attending high school (next year will be her senior year). I hope it works out for u and ur boyfriend. I learned from my sister`s mistake. I am about to turn 16 in a week and am still a Virgen. I hope that everyone can learn from these types of situations.

I also think that dating an older man, has nothing to do wether ur a virgen or not. Now adays all guys think about sex, it doesnt matter how old they are. If u dont want to have sex dont let anyone change ur mind, and if u do want sex use protection. Also if u make the mistake, and get pregnant be responsible and do the best for ur child. Take care of it urself or give it up for adoption, but never think about killing it.
Posted by Cindy; updated 06/14/04

Cindy I`m glad to hear you have a good head on your shoulders! It`s great to know that you are still a virgin! I was a virgin when I got married at 21, and believe me our wedding night was unbelievable. He was also a virgin! Hard to believe huh? It was great that both of us were virgins and chose each other! Anyways Abby I`m glad to hear your parents are not that upset, I wouldn`t suggest you guys getting married or living together just yet! You should stay at your parents home with the baby and have your boyfriend help out! Right now everyone is excited and willing to help out, but after the baby comes, things will be different. There might not be so many people willing to assist, everyone will be tired and wanting to do their own thing. A baby ties you down for life! It doesn`t end when the child turns 18 either, in our culture (mexican), you don`t kick your kids out at 18, they basically can live at home for as long as they want! It`s a responsibility for life! Good luck!
Posted by adrina; updated 06/15/04